ASG trucks in November 1992 in Växjö.

Här diskuterar vi Åkerier, Transportförmedlingsföretag och även Industriföretag som har betydande egen transportverksamhet.

Moderator: Anders Ason

ASG trucks in November 1992 in Växjö.

Inläggav Montfrooij » 08 maj 2013, 22:38

The second part of the video of our ASG trip to Sweden in November 1992 is shot in Växjö.
We start with the typical Sand box that we saw everywhere in Sweden where the road climbs. I think they all held a shovel and (of course) some sand.

When we arrived in Växjö, it was still quiet time, but soon the trucks started arriving and we had to run to catch all activity!
We did see a nice Danish ASG and, of course, lots of blue and yellow (also 24 meters, which was very special to us as we did not have those in the Netherlands back then).

Since it was November, the available daylight was limited, but this gave the shots some nice atmosphere with all the headlights on!
The variety of arrows is nice to see, (at 13.00 we see a very high – horizontal arrow) and made the ASG spotting even more interesting.
In the end, we caught a nice daf, but then it was time to move on. (next stop is Hässleholm).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnJBJI0azqA

Peter
Montfrooij

Re: ASG trucks in November 1992 in Växjö.

Inläggav Lars-Gunnar » 08 maj 2013, 23:43

Great Peter!

It is very interesting see a typcal setup. The 2-axle Scania was not so commom pulling a trailer i guess. And that Merzedes must hav been one of a few that time. Yesterday and today has not change too much. Of cource trucks hav been more powerful, quiet and comfortable and 5 axles insted of 4 and trucks with 4-axles insted of 3 is the difference I think.

Lars-Gunnar :)
Lars-Gunnar

Re: ASG trucks in November 1992 in Växjö.

Inläggav Montfrooij » 09 maj 2013, 19:47

I even remember catching that Mercedes. I was 11 years old, so it must have been something exciting for us.

:D
Montfrooij

Återgå till Åkerihistoria