Royal Frans Maas Group / Frans Maas Sverige A/B

Här diskuterar vi Åkerier, Transportförmedlingsföretag och även Industriföretag som har betydande egen transportverksamhet.

Moderator: Anders Ason

Inläggav FM Groningen » 20 feb 2011, 21:01

Hello,
My name is Albert Wolters and i was truckdriver by Frans Maas Groningen from 1983 til the end of Frans Maas in 2006. In March 2006 was the Royal Frans Maas Group sold to the Danish Company Samson. The mothercompany of D.F.D.S Transport in Danmark. In january 2007 DFDS Transport and Frans Maas company names get chanche in D.S.V. with the main office in Copenhage in Danmark. Sorry i cant write in Swedish that the reason i do it in English.

I wil try to make an story of Frans Maas Transport. The main office was in Venlo. Til 1995 Frans Maas Venlo his own trucks in Venlo. Frans Maas Groningen, startet in 1963, had also own trucks til the end of 2006 when DSV sold the unit Frans Maas Transport B.V. til Steenbergen Trucking in Meppel, Venlo and Bodegraven. Steenbergen Trucking had the trucks til May/June 2007 and sold than the trucks end startet then with trucks in own colours. That was the end of Frans Maas trucks on the Europe roads. Now is it possilbly that you can see second hands trucks of Frans Maas Groningen in Russia of Poland. I now that some old DAF tractors are sold to thoose contrys and stil riding in the colours of Frans Maas.

Frans Maas was an old Dutch company startet in 1890 with transport of vegetable to Germany. In that time the company startet with horse and wagen.

Bild

Bild

I start working in 1983 by Frans Maas at Groningen.
Bild

In al thoose years i have been plenty of times to Sweden with Line Hall trips to the lagers of Frans Maas in Gothenburg, Malmö, Helsingborg and Stockholm.

Bild
Frans Maas office at Gothenburg.

Bild
Backside at Gothenburg.

Bild
My fist truck by Frans Maas Groningen in 1983.

Bild
My last one in 2007.

Bild
In the good time of Frans Maas Groningen in the end of 2005.

Best regards, Albert/ FM Groningen Bild
Senast redigerad av FM Groningen 20 feb 2011, 21:50, redigerad totalt 1 gång.
FM Groningen

Re: Royal Frans Maas Group / Frans Maas Sverige A/B

Inläggav Kjell T » 20 feb 2011, 21:19

Det visar utvecklingen, från en hästkraft till 410 i M-Bn.
Kjell T

Inläggav Stellan » 20 feb 2011, 22:16

Hi, and welcome to "veteranlastbilar" Albert. We realy appreiciate your information about Frans Maas history, and hope that you can tell us more later on. I have a question about Frans Maas and Freight Master in Sweden. Do you know when they co-operated in Sweden, and if they did so in the rest of Europe aswell...

/Stellan
chaufför emeritus ;-)
Användarvisningsbild
Stellan

Inläggav FM Groningen » 20 feb 2011, 23:18

Stellan skrev:Hi, and welcome to "veteranlastbilar" Albert. We realy appreiciate your information about Frans Maas history, and hope that you can tell us more later on. I have a question about Frans Maas and Freight Master in Sweden. Do you know when they co-operated in Sweden, and if they did so in the rest of Europe aswell...

/Stellan

Hello Stellan,

I belive it was in 1986 when Frans Maas they co-operated with Freight Master and take it in 1988 over.

Bild
Here i am at rest wit an Freight Master trailer by Moorburg in Germany at the way to Groningen.

Bild
On the way to Sweden.

Bild
Trailers after take over of Freight Master.

Albert, Bild
FM Groningen

Inläggav Stellan » 21 feb 2011, 21:59

It´s not that easy to bear in mind who owns who these days, so every contribution to our history of transportation are most welcome. :D

Do you know anything about Braams & van Veen transport, BVT? I now and then during the seventies I used to haul their trailers from Gothenburg to several places in Sweden, and quite often to Oslo. So it´s really nice to learn more about this Dutch company :D

/Stellan
chaufför emeritus ;-)
Användarvisningsbild
Stellan

Inläggav FM Groningen » 22 feb 2011, 16:38

Stellan skrev:It´s not that easy to bear in mind who owns who these days, so every contribution to our history of transportation are most welcome. :D

Do you know anything about Braams & van Veen transport, BVT? I now and then during the seventies used to haul their trailers from Gothenburg to several places in Sweden, and quite often to Oslo. So it´s really nice to learn more about this Dutch company :D

/Stellan

Hello Stellan,

I now not enough about this company BVT. The company was in Dordrecht. Did trips in the end 70's and ealy 80's to the Middel East. It was taken over by Frans Maas in the end of the 90's. Must look exacly when it was.

Bild
Braams & Van Veen in the snow.

Bild
Swedish hauler on his way with an BVT trailer.

Bild
Frans Maas Groningen on his way with an BVT trailer when it was taken over.

Bild
Formely BVT trailers now with the name Frans Maas on it in Malmö by Akka Frakt terminale in 2005.

Albert/ FM Groningen Bild
Senast redigerad av FM Groningen 22 feb 2011, 17:25, redigerad totalt 2 gånger.
FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 22 feb 2011, 16:55

Frans Maas Groningen startet in 1963 at the Wilhelminakade in Groningen. Startet with 2 DAF 2000 DO tractors and one DAF A1600 tractor. Most of the work was groupage to and from North of Germany. To the areas Oldenburg, Bremen and Hamburg.

Bild
Wilhelminakade, Groningen, N.L.

Bild
Mainoffice at the Wilhelminakade, Groningen

Bild
Backsite from the lager

Bild

Bild

In that time there was three sub-contractors for Frans Maas Groningen. One was Elzo Renkema and Beverdam Expeditie and the other was Company Karssies.

Bild
Elzo Renkema

Bild
Beverdam Expeditie

Bild
Fa. Karssiers

FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 23 feb 2011, 15:54

In the end of the sixties Frans Maas Groningen get all more trailers and word. In early 70's Frans Maas Groningen startet to go to Danmark and Sweden.

Bild

Bild
The fist city trailer in Groningen, 1968

Bild
An other type of citytrailer, 1968

Bild
Frans Maas trailer waithing by the Dutch costums.

Bild

Bild

Bild
DAF 2000 DO tractor.

Bild
DAF 2000 DO with DAF Eurotrailer.

Bild
Waithing at the German border on the way back to Groningen.

Bild
Crossing one of the littel towns in the end of the 60's

FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 25 feb 2011, 15:50

On the end of the sixties and early zeventies the company of Elzo Renkema from Oosterhogebrug near Groningen was an big sub-contractor for Frans Maas Groningen. Startet with own tracktors and trailers in his own company colours. Light blue with yellow roof and light blue trailers. Elzo Renkema had running trcktors DAF 2000 DO, Kromhout, Margirus Deutz, Scania-Vabis 75, Volvo N495 and Volvo F88.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

In the early zeventies he change the colours in to Frans Maas colours. Frans Maas Groningen startet with own trailers with covered seal trailers, dark blue with the name Frans Maas in yellow on it.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 04 mar 2011, 14:45

In the early 70's Frans Maas Groningen get new tractors. Thy get 4 new DAF 2600 DO tractors. In that time Frans Maas Groningen get al more trailers in the own colours. New ones and second hand from Frans Maas Venlo. At Venlo was the main office of Frans Maas.

Bild

Bild

In the weekend at Groningen, 1973.
Bild

Sub contractor Elzo Renkema on the trip with one of that moment olderst trailers.
Bild

FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 10 mar 2011, 18:51

In the mid 70's Frans Maas Groningen go's more to Sweden, Norway and Danmark.
Plenty of times the trucks of Frans Maas came to Sweden by the ferry Helsingor - Helsingborg and back from Malmö of Trelleborg to Travemünde in Germany.

Bild
On the ferry.

Bild
On the way in Sweden to Norway.

Bild
Waithing for the ferry at Malmö.

Bild
Going on the ferry.

Bild
DAF 2600 DO.

FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 13 mar 2011, 16:08

I start working by Frans Maas Groningen in 1983. In 1985 we change trailers in the ferryport Travemünde, Lüeck and Kiel in Germany. At that time Frans Maas Groningen had for the Swedish work the Company Freight Masters A/B. We unload and load thy trailers and thy unload and the Frans Maas trailers in Sweden.

Bild

Bild

Bild
Pictures from internetsite Vespen.se :oops: :oops:

Bild
Freight Masters trailer home by Frans Maas Groningen.

Bild
Swedish tractor at home by Frans Maas Groningen.

FM Groningen

Inläggav FM Groningen » 18 mar 2011, 15:35

Here you see more Swedish tractor units who was pulling voor Freight Masters A/B.

Bild

Bild

Bild
Pictures from internet site Vespen.se :oops:

In the end of the 80's Freight Masters A/B tractors came to the United Kingdom with Frans Maas trailers to visit Frans Maas depots at Great-Yarmouth, Brownhills, Birmingham and Manschester.

Bild

FM Groningen

Inläggav Bo Norvinge » 24 mar 2011, 17:43

Fransmaas och BVT-trailers efter min gamla T112:a i slutet av 1990-talet.
1998_fransmaas_norvinge.jpg
1998_fransmaas_norvinge.jpg (112.9 KiB) Visad 23979 gånger

1999_bvt_norvinge.jpg
1999_bvt_norvinge.jpg (119.1 KiB) Visad 23979 gånger
Med vänlig hälsning
Bo Norvinge

Hemsida: www.norvinge.se * Mail: bosse@norvinge.se * Tel: 070-587 38 67
Användarvisningsbild
Bo Norvinge

Inläggav FM Groningen » 03 apr 2011, 22:15

Thank you Bo for the photos at the time you was working for Frans Maas. With depot of Frans Maas Sweden was it? Was it Gotenborg, Helsingborg/Malmö of Stockholm where you pull for.

We from Frans Maas Groningen came in 1982 plenty of times to Stockholm. Frans Maas Groningen workt together with an company in Tumba near Stockholm in that time.

Bild

After the mid 80's Freight Masters A/B was more working togrether with Frans Maas Groningen.

Bild
Photo from Internet. :oops:

Bild

In 1983 we from Frans Maas Groningen was driving DAF 2800 tractors. The fist DAF 2800 tractor we get in 1977.
Bild

Bild

Bild

FM Groningen

Nästa

Återgå till Åkerihistoria